Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed on pipe behind washing machine/dishwasher in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened.

When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away.

The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago.

Looking at the pipe on the wall it looks like the adhesive holding it vertically has worn down and it's tilted sideways, which has caused the problem.

What do you think? Does the pipe need holding up vertically again? Or it is something else?

Attachments

• 20240317_083829.jpg
    20240317_083829.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240317_083838.jpg
    20240317_083838.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240317_083844.jpg
    20240317_083844.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 16
Needs to be vertical but the right one eg I’m guessing where the dishwasher is going into isn’t long enough would want minimum double the pipe from the elbow up so needs re doing I would say

Eg two mcalpine washing machine stand pipes

Or a doubler eg mcalpine 206HR and loose the tee

That mark on your pool does indeed look like it could be calcium buildup, especially if it's around the waterline. You can try using a diluted mixture of vinegar and water or a specialized calcium remover to gently scrub it off.

That mark on your pool does indeed look like it could be calcium buildup, especially if it's around the waterline. You can try using a diluted mixture of vinegar and water or a specialized calcium remover to gently scrub it off.

What pool it’s inside a house ?

Reply to Advice needed on pipe behind washing machine/dishwasher in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock