Discuss new rule on CO alarms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can anyone clarify the new rules on CO alarms, i keep hearing rumors and whispers

i've been told for every new appliance installed it will be mandatory to fit a CO alarm, but wanted some clarfication of if and when this comes into force and whether it solely concerns domestic

not mandatory yet,but it can only be a good thing if it comes in,be ahead of the game start fitting them now

It's a requirement for solid fuel so wouldn't be surprised if it is brought in across the board, first i have heard of it though?

I don't know why manufacturers don't stick them in with new appliances or even try and build them into boilers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new rule on CO alarms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, -I would really appreciate your advice on whether it would be possible to have a gravity fed toilet, basin and shower installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock