Discuss New radiator in loft causing problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the non return valve on pipework to radiator in loft, there should be an arrow, which way is it facing?

on the non return valve on pipework to radiator in loft, there should be an arrow, which way is it facing?

Facing away from the radiator.

With HW only on all rads incl loft rad heat up!

makes me me think there is a problem with 3 port valve but why do all rads heat up except loft rad when ch selected on programmer but all rads incl loft heat up on HW?

Facing away from the radiator.

With HW only on all rads incl loft rad heat up!

makes me me think there is a problem with 3 port valve but why do all rads heat up except loft rad when ch selected on programmer but all rads incl loft heat up on HW?

is that pipe that you just turned off getting hot?

my question is what person wants to try heating a space in their roof lunacy in todays energy saving ethos

Not hot no but warm

it used to be too hot to touch but I guess that was when the white valve was open allowing hot water to go straight into the return.

must be the 3 port valve, it may of just been the head that was replaced last time, may have gone wrong again or might just be poor quality.

Whole of 3 port valve was replaced. It is a plumb center own brand about 12 months old. Not sure what they are like? Was done by a plumber.

why would ch only not heat the loft rad but HW heat it? Is this part of the 3 port valve fault?

The cylinder return should always be the last connection to the boiler, or you will get flow down the ch return.

check valve not working or wrong way round, shut rad valves on loft rad, put hot water on only if no rads get hot then its check valve. if all rads still get hot then its 3 port valve. (not sure if you already done this). if it is check valve then maybe it has been manufactured incorrectly.

This may well be the case as the boiler return is 22mm pipe and cylinder is 15mm so it must joint it somewhere.

thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New radiator in loft causing problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock