Search the forum,

Discuss New monument pipe benders in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi,

Has anyone experience of the new Monument benders?

Any feedback?

Got a link? Didn't know they had a new pipe bender.

YOu mean the Monument Masters that just bend 15mm? Don't know tbh. However I'd guess that the yellow monument benders are China made nothing like the old ones so rippletastic.

You want BentitNow benders that used original Hilmor tooling.

Last edited:
Loks like Monument do 1 for 22mm and another for 15mm

Ive got both sizes. The 15mm works really well, the 22 is good but the arms even with extensions don't give great leverage so can be tricky to pull. as a pair they take up more space on the van than my old hilmor bender as you really need both sizes. Although it has a built in guide, it's only made of plastic so I'm not confident it will last as long as the traditional metal ones. I don't know if monument sell it as a spare part but if they don't, I cant imagine I would ever invest in a new bender if it broke.

I have the 15mm set. They are pretty short so storing is not an issue. I strap them on my bahco soldering kit bag. They are so easy to use as it retains a decent length of 15mm in the first section of the bender whilst you hook the second part. No messing about trying to hook the former in. The nylon former is a serviceable part but no idea how long they last. It creates a nice bend and so quickly. Not had any bends ripple yet and i just yank on those handles and pull that 90. My standard benders, both sets often ripple and need bends pulling slowly. Even with a new set of hilmors with new formers i still often got ripples. For just pulling short 90s or offsets, not fighting with the weight and size of the arms of a traditional bender, this thing is way better. You can also get extension handles that are 1/2inch thread which somebody pointed out the other day can be used as handles to carry around the big rads. You don't need the handles for 15mm, its pretty easy. I have found myself pulling bends more often on small jobs rather than using fittings and soldering as its now more convenient than previous, when i couldn't be bothered to go and get my benders from the van. I still have to have traditional benders for 22 but i should just get the 22 set also really. Id suggest for you to pull the trigger and get a set as they are brilliant.

For me the best solution for benders is old records on eBay. I brought a used once red record 15/22 for ÂŁ35 last year in its box. I also have 2 record solos which are 15mm only(one brand new in box still) paid about ÂŁ20 each for those. No ripples, no slack, 15mm solos do tight 180 bends. Can't beat tools from 30 years ago.

Reply to New monument pipe benders in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock