Discuss New Megaflo's with leaking immersion heaters! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflo-Experts

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone else find that new Megaflo's now come with leaking immersion heaters?

Our last two installations had leaking immersion heaters which needed tightening - no really an issue, but just an observation and something to remember to check!
I appreciate they can loosen in transit and admittedly this is mentioned in the MI, but it never used to happen. Is this just a coincidence, or have I been unlucky or is the the new standard?

Anyone else come across this recently?

Had two direct units with leaking immersions. As you say no sweat, but aggro all the same. One of the units is just over a year old and has had three new immersions already

Had two direct units with leaking immersions. As you say no sweat, but aggro all the same. One of the units is just over a year old and has had three new immersions already
Three in a year is worrying! Even if it's covered by warranty, it doesn't inspire confidence for the customer.

Anyone else find that new Megaflo's now come with leaking immersion heaters?

Our last two installations had leaking immersion heaters which needed tightening - no really an issue, but just an observation and something to remember to check!
I appreciate they can loosen in transit and admittedly this is mentioned in the MI, but it never used to happen. Is this just a coincidence, or have I been unlucky or is the the new standard?

Anyone else come across this recently?

I've had a leaking 210 indirect immersion ,, drained down , sealed with ptfe ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Megaflo's with leaking immersion heaters! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Plumbing/water heater- spots recently on ceiling downstairs, 2 story house. Condensation??? New water heater. Live in same house now for 20 years...
Replies
Views
R
Hi We have a Ideal Standard Connect Easybox Slim Built-in Shower - When using the shower, water is getting through the control faceplate and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am a new homeowner in Arizona, and I have a serious problem with a 10-year-old house my wife and I just bought here. So far we have had...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock