Search the forum,

Discuss New kitchen tap leaking at swivel base in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new kitchen mixer tap and water drips out from the chrome collar around the swivel base. Can somebody please tell me if this collar should be tight as I can move it with my hand and if it while be tight would that cause water to drip as the seals inside should be ok if the tap is only a few weeks old. I've also noticed that when moving the tap from left to right etc that it feels loose

Could you put a pic up of what you mean please ?

The water leaks from the top of the chrome metal collar (roughly the same height as the tap leavers) and it moves if you touch it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 26
If you can remove the spout check for damaged o rings, apply some silicone grease or Vaseline & reassemble

Can you please tell me if the chrome collar is loose whether that would make the water leak out even if the o rings are ok

If it's new, take it back. If not, it'll be the o-ring as gassafe suggested. Buy another from the tap manufacturer or look for a generic one.

That's a swirl tap from screwfix

I fitted one last week

Got either a 2 or 5 yr warranty

Have fitted a few Swirl taps in my property and have had problems with virtually every single one. Returning them is all well and good but after getting home and fitting them before realising a leak, silicon is generally the way to go.

Have fitted a few Swirl taps in my property and have had problems with virtually every single one. Returning them is all well and good but after getting home and fitting them before realising a leak, silicon is generally the way to go.

Can you please tell me if the metal/chrome collar near the base needs to be tight

Yes the base and collar should be tight.

The only thing that should move is the outlet

I've seen lots of problems on the Bath Store and VP rubbish. Don't get problems on decent stuff or from reputable merchants like Williams & Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New kitchen tap leaking at swivel base in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock