Discuss New Honeywell valve cable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi does anyone have the specs of what cable I need for this Honeywell valve?
The current wire is too short so need a new much longer one.

AE78D7E2-D8B9-41BD-8256-8FE7138ACFF0.jpeg

A272D659-BCC9-4215-B181-BE78AFE98DFA.jpeg

4EFA2BD8-0B48-49E6-A6F0-137C6EB93513.jpeg

Terminate the existing cable in a joint box and extend in 1.5mm heatproof flex it should not be more than 1m long and ideally in containment . Cheers kop

Why use 1.5mm KOP? I would just use .75 5 core

Terminate the existing cable in a joint box and extend in 1.5mm heatproof flex it should not be more than 1m long and ideally in containment . Cheers kop
hey kop please could you explain or link me somewhere about the not more than 1m long part, someone said the same thing to me recently but they were talking about an immersion. i have searched but to no avail, not questioning you just like to know these things. cheers.

Use a JB to extend the cable using 5 core 0.75 flex. The flex can be over a meter and doesn't need mechanical protection.

Same as any trade guys we all have our ways of doing things my pet hate is flex nailed to a wall with nail clips or hanging everywhere, must admit I am a bit ott at times but that's just me . Regards kop

Last edited:
The best way to extend these cables is by use of a Regin 5 way connector.

As for cable size .... 0.75 mm is more than adequate

And the 1 meter limit is dubious advice to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Honeywell valve cable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back