Discuss New Combi heat and Vokera reliability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vokera

Hello,

This is my first post as a new homeowner who has had his first ever plumbing job completed very recently. I'm hoping that I'm in the right place to seek some kind advice from people who know far more about this than I do.

I previously had a very old boiler and hot water tank that I had replaced with a Vokera Linea 30 combi boiler three weeks ago. I have two problems - the first is the boiler has stopped working (fan, I think) and hopefully Vokera themselves will be remedying that today. The second is that the water from the taps is nowhere near as hot as it used to be from the old system - which was very old! Has technology not moved on?...

So, I have three questions:

Firstly, is it rare for a boiler/ a Vokera boiler to go wrong so quickly and might this bode badly for more problems in the future?

Secondly, is there a way of establishing whether the boiler was purchased brand new by the installer (paranoia perhaps, but I would like to be sure)?

Lastly, is it reasonable to expect to be told that the answer to not having hot water is to turn the taps down? Should I accept that if a bath is running and kitchen taps need to be used that there simply won't be enough hot water to go round?

Many thanks for any advice you may have.

It is rare but as with everything mechanical sometimes you get the Friday afternoon job.
The installer should have left you user instructions and a benchmark sheet informing you that boiler was installed correctly. These documents come with the boiler so you should have them.
You assume correct. The water is heated by passing through a heat exchanger in the boiler. Check your installation manual to see what the flow rate is. You cannot expect the same flow rate as that of your mains. The boiler needs time to heat the water and if you have high mains pressure then it simply cannot heat enough water if the taps are fully opened. You should still be able to get a reasonable flow rate though.

Thanks for your advice. Can I trace where the boiler came from and/or whether it was purchased new? He was quite pushy in his insistence on that particular model...

vokeras will probably tell you if its an older model as they will want paying if not in guarrantee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Combi heat and Vokera reliability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock