Discuss New combi boiler existing pipework question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bakedpitch

I intend to replace my combi boiler with a new one. The existing gas/central heating pipes run under the floor and then are enclosed in the wall until they emerge underneath the boiler. I am being given conflicting information relating to these pipes. One party says new pipes will have to be rerouted to come through the floor and then run up outside the wall (inside the room) up to the new boiler. Another party said the existing pipes can remain inside the wall and simply connected to the new boiler.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Can I use the existing pipes or do I have to get new ones run up outside the wall?

Unless you are having a larger boiler fitted due to extension (adding rads, bathroom, more demand for hot water), and the fitter needs to increase the gas pipe size, he may want to run it surface to save chasing wall out......other than that as steve said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New combi boiler existing pipework question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock