Discuss New cistern leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want someone to tell me, it has nothing to do with the toilet you bought, and nothing to do with the fact that toilet connected to a macerator, and nothing to do with anything my plumber has done fitting it. Then the only thing it possibly can be is inside the Grohe frame and cistern.
Hard to say without knowing what it looks like, but my son has a toilet which had similar leak. Not new, but all modern, plastic, click-together stuff. It has a plunger with rubber seal going over the hole in the bottom, plunger lifted to flush. After trying many things, I noticed the plunger was not falling freely inside its cage. The rubber seal was slightly fouling the cage. Trimmed about 1.5mm off the seal all round, and that cured it. Maybe yours has something similar?

Update: It's clear that everyone thinks flush valve and can't be anything else. And that it's the washer in the flush valve basket thing at the bottom, not the up and down bit that usually goes wrong after a couple of years. So today their engineer came back and used Plumbers mate putty to try to seal this. I am waiting to see if it works. Feel very angry. It's new, had this replaced four times now and it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. And they have used sealant to try to make it work. Would any of you accept this if it was your bathroom? How does this affect my warranty? Should i ask them for something in writing. I want to ask them to change it over for a Geberit, but i will probably have to have another cover panel cut as dimensions and positioning of holes needed different from one manufacture to another. So more disruption and i just want a bathroom that works in my one bed flat! Their product doesn't work. Simple as that. Completely new and doesn't work.

I would not accept that for a fix!it should work properly from new from the factory,and if they cant make that happen without adding putting i would want a new one or change of brand.

Would not accept that as it is a bodge cure imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New cistern leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back