Discuss New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would look at what your doing with all those controls and save a few ££. Then buy yourself a decent solar array of thermal units . A nice big ACV SLME cylinder and a klover stove and let HMRC pay you for a change.

Before you get back on the gas look at RHI and what might suit you .

You can get solar that is flush with roof so most councils can't quibble. Unless it's listed

Solar is usually a permitted development even within conservation areas, UNLESS you have specifically had your permitted development rights specifiacally removed.

or:
"in the case of land within a conservation area or which is a World Heritage Site, the solar PV or solar thermal equipment would be installed on a wall which fronts a highway;"

i.e if you put it on a roof or a wall and it projects less than 200mm from that surface you are OK (even though they don't like to admit it and try to charge you for permission letters :) )

Planning Portal - Solar Panels

IF designed, installed and commissioned by an MCS certified installer to meet the MCS and RHI regs then Oh YES! :)

There are a number of catches with the DomRHI and there are a number of specific things that have to be done during the design and installation stage to make a Solar Thermal system eligible for the DomRHI, becasue of this a lot of legacy installations aren't eligible.

We spent days researching and learning all the catches, there again, that's our business :)

(You could find out for yourself too - just read the 10 x 40 page documents available from ofgem! - and you still need to employ an MCS certified company to do all the work anyway..)

It's very simple, we do it all the time. You cannot 'do-it-yourself' though, as the govt need to ensure it is designed and installed to be efficient and effective. The DomRHI payments and greater efficiency will more than make up for the additional cost of engaging a professional organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock