Search the forum,

Discuss New builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Dont know if someone was spinning me a yearn today but they were saying alot of new builds now are not being built for use with gas , i know alot of flats are now none gas but houses??? He was saying that now they are moving to air source and within 10 years all gas will be none existant on any domestic new build. Any one know if this is bull,i am aware that gas is being phased out but all sounding a bit sudden this .

Dont no about phasing out gas but im sure it is a stipulation of planning that there is a renewable of some sort in the property, last new build i was involved in had rain water recovery system in it, a load of new builds near me have solar panels all over the roofs

A site i was recently on was all air source with no gas, didnt even put a main in the road for if ever

i have noticed, where I work, the only time a renewable source is used it is generally on Housing bum. and not private, when it is new build.I also find the Housing bum, are built to a better spec that the private house.

we are gradually moving away from fossil fuels, they wont be able to phase out gas as some people cant afford a system upgrade so there will still be plenty of work out there, just have to adapt to new technologies the same as its always been but instead of using gas we will be using air, solar, ground source, it should all be our trade and we should be doing this type of work but as we all know its hard to make the leap into MCS, I want to be installing these technologies in the next year or 2

This all sounds to me as if the trade has done a bit of a circle where 20 years ago started to go very gas and gas control orientated and away from plumbing so to speak and is now looping back towards plumbing gradually .

its more housing bum. then private builders at the moment as they housing bum. have to build to more regulations and codes like the Code for Sustainable Homes.

the MOD is currently building housing without any gas supplys, they are installing ground and air source aswell as solar. I cant remember the exact location of the job but my old company did tender for one contract that was 350 houses with this type of install.

I did the worchester boiler fault finding course last week and was told that from 2016 it will become mandatory to install renewables in ALL new build properties, housing association and private builders.

yep but theres that many propertys with gas and people who will stick with it cos its already in plus this renewable stuff people will start doing that instead of gas so there will be more work and they think theres money in it and that will get flooded

From 2016 (or maybe it's 2018) no carbon-based fuels will be allowed in new-builds. Renewables can't be ignored!

From 2016 (or maybe it's 2018) no carbon-based fuels will be allowed in new-builds. Renewables can't be ignored!

Yes true in the long long run but right now they can be. Infact, i think any gas heating engineer could happily ignore them for at least 10 or more years without it maing a dent in his work.
Isn't the new build rate at an all time low.
Such that by 2020 or even 2030 the houses built from this day on will still only be a tiny minority of the UK housing stock?

Except for people off the mains gas grid, of course, I think renewables will quickly take over from LPG & oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock