Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Nest and earth wire..,, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I'm fitting a nest at my house to try it out.
WB junior (don't ask)

Does the nest heat link / hub need to be earthed? Can't find anything in the book

No it doesn't it's double insulated eg plastic

BS 7671 requires an earth at every point in wiring and at each accessory - reg 411.3.1.1

Even if it doesn't need it you should have an earth wire there and terminate it in the earth terminal.

Reply to Nest and earth wire..,, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a NEST with Viessmann system boiler with unvented cylinder. I have a mid position and two position valve I thought the mid...
Replies
Views
I've got a Baxi 600 combi, with a Google Nest thermostat, fitted a year ago. I've just learnt about OpenTherm, so went into my Nest settings, and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock