Discuss My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. I made an error a few posts back where I said I told the community midwife to **** off. Actually meant to say community care worker.

The crap that came out of her mouth was astonishingly offensive to me, when she got to the bit about us needing a fireguard in front of the fire I kicked her out. She wasn't even invited round, she just turned up and began rambling on to the missus about how they like you to look after your child, very condescending at times and all the while with her back turned to me.

Asking if either of us had any alcohol or drug problems too while ticking boxes on her paperwork. I was absolutely furious at her and she probably noted that down too.

Correction again sorry; 'health visitor'.

tell you now, all this rubbish about how to bring a child up by following what is written on a piece of paper is rubbish. its all to do with natural instincts and common sense. I had whiskey rubbed in my gums as a youngster and turn out fine (just) but mention that to the health visitor and i bet you get a red mark on her bit of paper. We had friends who refused to buy baby monitors as they didnt want to be at the babies beck and call once it had gone to bed they would regularly check on him of course. The manufacturers should provide instructions for everything man made and you and your missus are that manufacturer ;)

Health visitor came to my house after Indy was born. There was a smashed up zafira on the driveway.

She asked. Was the baby in the car when it crashed.

I felt like saying, we crashed because the baby was driving!!

The answer is no by the way lol

Congrats keefy. Its best life experience ever and enjoy and cherish every minute because you will look back on their early years with the biggest of smiles and tears. Mine are 19 & 15 now and i do miss the early years they are the best years.

About to get my head down for a few hours before we have to be at the hospital for 8:30am. We won't be leaving until the baby is born so I'm hoping it'll be here by the end of today. Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl but we agreed long ago on names which we've kept secret from the family.

Mother-in-law will be with us throughout which for some might seem a nightmare but we get on great.

Forgive me if next time I post it sounds like drunken babble - and cheers for all the great advice and kind words, it's all been taken in. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back