Discuss MT10 Mechanical Timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ymt4d

My boiler is a Worcester Bosch Junior model with the above timer fitted. It seems to have a mind of it's own at the moment timer wise and is one when it should be. It is more on than off even though the timer is set correctly. I have it at the right position within both the 12 and 24 hour system, it is on the clock timer setting but to no avail. Can anyone offer any insight into this problem? Is it a common fault? Is there something I can do or do I have to call someone out? Dilemma!!! lol

welcome to the forum ymt4d.
call a gas safe engineer, get it swapped to a wall mounted digital controller,
it will give you better control flexibility.

welcome to the forum ymt4d.
call a gas safe engineer, get it swapped to a wall mounted digital controller,
it will give you better control flexibility.

personally wouldnt get a dt10 but a honeywell rf stat by far better

The timer function on these clocks tend to fail, Worcester do a range of timers for the boiler, the DT20 is a digital timer that will be a direct replacement. You do need a gas safe registered engineer to do it though, as the boilers cover needs removing to change it.

Mt10, mechanical clock tend very often to overheat, found as a temp fix, push all tappets in as if its on 24hr time and it often will work on heating, change for a dt20

agree, changing them all the time, clock stops spinning or not doing what it's told. Pile of junk

Mt10, mechanical clock tend very often to overheat, found as a temp fix, push all tappets in as if its on 24hr time and it often will work on heating, change for a dt20

Agree with Willy on this temp fix. But do you have the current time set correctly? The little triangle near the upper left hand side of the clock face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MT10 Mechanical Timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help. We have a Worcester MT10 combi boiler that has a fault with the expansion vessel. The landlord is having...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Morning guys, Just wanted to get some advice on what I've been told by a plumber at work. At the moment we have Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back