Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss MT10 Mechanical Timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ymt4d

My boiler is a Worcester Bosch Junior model with the above timer fitted. It seems to have a mind of it's own at the moment timer wise and is one when it should be. It is more on than off even though the timer is set correctly. I have it at the right position within both the 12 and 24 hour system, it is on the clock timer setting but to no avail. Can anyone offer any insight into this problem? Is it a common fault? Is there something I can do or do I have to call someone out? Dilemma!!! lol

welcome to the forum ymt4d.
call a gas safe engineer, get it swapped to a wall mounted digital controller,
it will give you better control flexibility.

welcome to the forum ymt4d.
call a gas safe engineer, get it swapped to a wall mounted digital controller,
it will give you better control flexibility.

personally wouldnt get a dt10 but a honeywell rf stat by far better

The timer function on these clocks tend to fail, Worcester do a range of timers for the boiler, the DT20 is a digital timer that will be a direct replacement. You do need a gas safe registered engineer to do it though, as the boilers cover needs removing to change it.

Mt10, mechanical clock tend very often to overheat, found as a temp fix, push all tappets in as if its on 24hr time and it often will work on heating, change for a dt20

agree, changing them all the time, clock stops spinning or not doing what it's told. Pile of junk

Mt10, mechanical clock tend very often to overheat, found as a temp fix, push all tappets in as if its on 24hr time and it often will work on heating, change for a dt20

Agree with Willy on this temp fix. But do you have the current time set correctly? The little triangle near the upper left hand side of the clock face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MT10 Mechanical Timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock