Discuss movement with steel bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helly

Just had a new bathroom installed with kaldewi steel bath. It is screwed to the wall with th fixing clips and there is also a very sticky seal with an upstand that is tiled over. However, there seems to be some movement which is causing the shower screen to leak under where its silconed. i think it needs additional support but not sure what is the best way to do this now the bath is in place. i will ask the plumber back but would like to know the options.

thank you :)

Maybe a bit of floor movement or a leg a bit wobbly, easy enough fix if the wobble is on the wall side by screwing an extra baton underneath it. the flexible nature of silicone should absorb some movement, has he missed a bit?

Check the legs are tight to the floor, they also have holes in them that you can put some screws in

as i have said before a full wooden frame, back and front should be in place - if it is not there WILL be movement in the bath when filled with water. You need to look a=under the bath and see what is there!

i agree with avatar also silicone it to the wall(when its full of water) will also give it strength

Many thanksfor all the replies, have had a look and doesnt look like there is a frame. I know this may seem like a silly question but does this mean the bath will need to come out or can battons be fitted with the bath in place?

I am not sure you need to take the bath out just yet! Just make sure every leg is as tight as it can be, you may need to get under it with a 17mm spanner to tighten it, failing that get the plumber back to do it!

the frames I build are so stong that you could almost do away with the legs in themselves - you really should be taking as much wieght off the legs as possible . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to movement with steel bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a hinged shower screen attached to a bath. It swings backwards and forwards. However, we want to stop...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
L
Good morning, I have a hinged shower screen for my bath that I don't have fixings for. The guide holes in the screen line up with guide holes in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock