Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

I need to replace the head on a tribune he range 22mm DHW 2 port motorised valve as i have to hit the top of it to get it to open to allow hot water from boiler through to heat the cylinder.
Can i get something from honeywell or other brand to replace this or is it best ringing up range spare parts hot line and get another one from them.
Or is there something else i can try before i order a new one.

Darren

it might be the sychron motor that needs replacing . I would not recommend hitting it as you should be able to set it to manual with a lever on the side

If i turn the red cog on the side so it starts to move it continues all the way around until
it gets back to the start. ( in other words it does not stop where the cog is flat) but when
i give the top or side a bang it goes around then the boiler kicks in when the cog stops on
the flat part.
Trying to find a photo now.

Looks like a standard tunic two port should be able to get it easy enough. You will need the code off the head before ordering. Try held they will b the cheapest.

looks identical to the Danfoss 2 port head.
if i were you tho, id be draining down and changing it for a honeywell 2 port. much better and easier to repair in future. wiring simple, if problems you can refer to honeywell compatibility charts or phone them to get wiring comparisons.

Still reckon its a sunvic the wheel with a flat is a giveaway Danfoss has a lever

If you do change the whole valve and not just the head....fit a Honeywell. They're just better valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
N
Range Tribune HE, not heating hot water. Motorised valve keeps closing and water luke warm. Is the dual temperature probe broken
Replies
Views
Neil Pengilly
N
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock