Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Most common problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KWCFC

I was just wondering what the most common problem you plumbers have come across when getting called out to houses? Is there somethings you have to repair more than others or do you find that there is so much variation that there is no common problem?

As a newbie to the industry I find the most common is tap repairs and after that it's all sorts from a broken loo to leaking pipe to changing a shower.

Also, as a newbie, the biggest issue I face is a lack of confidence in what I can do. I've had loads of training, but out there on my own it's a totally different kettle of fish.

I can understand the confidence thing mate, but that will come in time, the more you get used to the job.
Good thing tho i think, if your slightly unsure, you seem to double and treble check things, and take a little longer, Obviousl at your own expence. ( In my case neway)

I recently done a job ( my first proper customer) and i had to remove two sink taps and some pipework going to the sink, aswell as some various unused pipework that was for a washing machien.. The pipework was in Steel, and i have had no training at all. Took me 2 hours to cut threw these pipes. The other issue i had was not knowing how to connect copper to steel.
Now knowing the options i had, its funny actually, as the customer wanted speedfit to the taps, This is what they had. :)

These things are like driving. You spend alot of time learning, and even pass your test, but the game only realy begins the first time you go out on your own, and for many years after!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol seb that post you wrote reminded me of my first ever plumbing job. replace WHB and bath taps for nice shiney new ones, i think it took me about 8 hours in total just to do that but thinking back its nice to see how far i have come since then.

anyway yeah the most common problem i find is leaking joints and drippy taps although toilets and mixer showers do come in now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most common problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock