Discuss mold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

i need to drop a rad soon as theres mold behind it and clean it away and paint whats the best way to drop the rad?
as i dropped rads in the past and just rested it on a tool box while it was still plumbed in?

Im planning on taking the rad off completely
the boiler is a vaillant (eco Max)
the rad in question is the 4th on the line out of 6 all on same level (2 bed flat)
i dont really want too drain the whole system.
is there a way i can turn on the trv's drain off from the rad then when im finished fit the rad open the trv's then refill the system (filling loop)
?????????????

yes exactly what i would do although you will need decorators caps for the trv valves. don't trust that the trvs will stay shut.

just one Q&A how do i refill the system
with the filling loop ??? and know when its filled ect ect

yes with the filling loop. there wont be much loss as you are only draining down a rad. when you re fit it open the valves and bleed it. then top up with filling loop then bleed again. jobs a goodun.

regarding mold,i have mold on a internal wall in the bathroom,on one side only,the only logical explanation is that it could be condensation,but it is only in one small area and the room seems to be well ventilated with a large window,does one think drilling a hole for extra ventilation or any other idea's to deal with this phenomenon

Last edited:
tiling spread, the filling loop is simple. there will be a thumbturn plastic lever like on a washing machine tap, there may be one each end of the loop both will need to be open, or there could just be one valve. there will be a pressure guage also, check pressure before removing rad and refill to same level when job is complete.

mold as a plasterer i had mold in the bathroom i cleaned off mold used 3in1 mold killer
i Dot and dab'd mb plaster board then skimed
but use the mold killer then use stain stop and paint sorted
dropping this rad is the best plan to clean off the mold mite even replaster the wall too just for the fun of it lol

tiling spread, the filling loop is simple. there will be a thumbturn plastic lever like on a washing machine tap, there may be one each end of the loop both will need to be open, or there could just be one valve. there will be a pressure guage also, check pressure before removing rad and refill to same level when job is complete.

just an additional point, the pressure will be higher when the system is hot than when cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
The system is open vented with a Glowworm boiler. It has an LCD controller on the wall - see pic. I just want to remove one radiator for cleaning...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock