Discuss Mixer tap fastening into worktop in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Trying to fit a mixer tap with this sort of fastening. Bit that goes up inside the tap is like a threaded running nipple but when fully screwed in only 40mm produdes and worktop is 40mm thick so no thread to screw nut onto. I am not even sure of the thread size. Across the flats on the nut measures 1 3/8 in or 34mm give or take a gnats. I would prefer to be able to extend the threaded nipple if I knew its size. Other option is I route out a lot of the underside of the worktop, solid oak. Am actuyally assuming is 32mm thread which would tally as one can get 32mm threaded conduit.
Any ideas folks.

Last edited:
As accurate as I can be think yes is 32mm, and thread looks too fine for BSP . Meant to attach a pic to original post somehow
forgot.

tap.jpg

1. If the diameter is 32 mm, then if the thread pitch is 2 mm it's an M32 thread.
2. The threaded shank only provides a hold, it doesn't seal anything. If you unscrew it from the body of the tap by a few turns would this give you enough to provide a firm grip for the nut and for the body? You would need to allow a couple of mm for the O ring under the body of the tap.

I have unthreaded it as much as I can whilst still having enough thread still in the body but I then have just 40mm of thread to go. And as the worktop is 40mm thick am left with nothing to screw the fastening nut to. And yes it has a 2mm pitch so is a M32 as you say. Luckily found online not as rare as I thought might be. Unfortunately looks like I will have to cut the worktop after all. Reason is I cannot get the original sleeve off. It will not pass over the pipes as the flexible pipe connects to the pipework to the tap head via a flanged connector that has been soldered on. Looks like it was soldered on after, brilliant. Is nothing easy?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes if you want to fit this tap you can just rout out a recess large enough for the appropriate socket/ spanner.

If worktop is in situ and not enough room for router, stitch drill and a sharp chisel will do it.

Reply to Mixer tap fastening into worktop in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock