Discuss Mira Platinum water inlet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

About to install a new Mira Platinum on a gravity fed system. The Installation Manual shows the pipework from top of hot water tank coming off at 45 degrees. Can I just T off the existing horizontal hot water pipe at top of hot water tank or even from the vertical pipe going down the back of the tank?

If you read the manual, it states further down poor installation examples as air could be drawn in. I would probably go with the hot draw off after the horizontal pipe and on the vertical but below the vent pipe.

If you read the manual, it states further down poor installation examples as air could be drawn in. I would probably go with the hot draw off after the horizontal pipe and on the vertical but below the vent pipe.
Thanks ChrisB1982. That's what I was thinking as it will be a lot easier and I don't see how its any more likely to draw air in than the recommended method in the manual. Cheers

Reply to Mira Platinum water inlet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all - need to know which pipe is hot water out of my gravity fed hot water tank please - have horizontal two pipes out at the top and one...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I want to install a Mira digital shower, Gravity fed system I have the correct shower, my cylinder is downstairs but I currently have...
Replies
Views
I fitting a new Mira shower in a slightly different position in the bathroom. It’s going to be easier to feed it with cold water from main cold...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock