Search the forum,

Discuss Minor one; no oil at blast tube in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys and girls.

Ok I have a Minor one oil fired burner on a Stanley super star range. the tank ran out of oil and now re filled.

Have bled the pump, good starting pressure at 10 bar. Have checked the electrodes, I have a spark, cleaned the photo cell, attempts to fire and then goes to lock out.

There is oil to the pump and a good flow.

Checked the High pressure pipe from the fuel pump to the nozzle, that is clear. Replaced the nozzle.

Have checked replaced the photo cell, makes no difference.

Swopped the fuel pump BFP 11 R3, including a solenoid coil; makes no difference.

I am i missing some thing here ~

How do you know you have no oil coming through the nozzle?
If no oil is coming through, but you have oil pressure, then the pipe to nozzle or the nozzle itself is blocked, - simple as that. I should add, the solenoid needs to be getting power eventually from the control box.
10 bar pressure is a bit high, - isn't it?

Last edited:
How do you know you have no oil coming through the nozzle?
If no oil is coming through, but you have oil pressure, then the pipe to nozzle or the nozzle itself is blocked, - simple as that. I should add, the solenoid needs to be getting power eventually from the control box.
10 bar pressure is a bit high, - isn't it?

I'd say so....

Have you listened to it starting up and going through the ignition process?

Sounds like control box could be donald ducked because somebody kept pressing the lockout button!

Bars are just so unimpressive. PSIs are nice big numbers, - and far easier to have accuracy.
105 psi for example is just not obtainable in bars in these wee bar gauges.
Same as kw and btus.
I went to an oil boiler that had been tampered with and oil pressure was over 20 bar. I would have preferred to make a big issue of it to the customers in psi. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minor one; no oil at blast tube in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
I have an ecoflam minor 60/80 oil fired central heating burner which is refusing to start. I have changed the burner nozzle but don't seem to be getting any fuel to the danfoss fuel pump. Is it easy to remove and replace? I wouldn't normally try doing anything like this myself but this is on...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant wall 16/21 about 10yrs old. The ones where there is no room to move ...! Doesn't look like serviced much. Opened up and heavily sooted. Bottom baffle...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and wouldn't fire up when reset so I called out the local (but recently retired) engineer to see what he thought. He thought it was the pump so he serviced the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock