Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow Cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening guys

I’ve come across a slight seep from a Megaflow cylinder.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve attached a few pictures to illustrate where the leak is coming from. The yellow highlight on the first pic.

It’s behind the middle grey casing which I believe is used for an expansion vessel? It’s not being used currently. But it appears to be coming from inside the circle as pictured.

Would this be a fixable problem? or could it be more serious and require a replacement cylinder? 🧐

Thanks in advance for any help 👍

Attachments

• 03E4911D-EAAB-4F8A-822F-7A6BC3036510.jpeg
    03E4911D-EAAB-4F8A-822F-7A6BC3036510.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 23
  • F092B8D5-1A23-471E-8191-3C7B88F42F7B.jpeg
    F092B8D5-1A23-471E-8191-3C7B88F42F7B.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 427B850E-E638-4A34-A229-19A371522E74.jpeg
    427B850E-E638-4A34-A229-19A371522E74.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 23
It’s another immersion pocket

are you the homeowner or engineer

Cheers chaps,

I’m the homeowner, had it looked at today by a reputable plumber with certification, but they couldn’t tell where the leak was coming from as it was not in use for a good couple of hours, so had dried out, they said they’d drop a message over to Megaflow for advice.

I’ve contacted them already about the warranty, thing is, I’ve got no sign off for last year, thanks Covid 🙄 and the only options they gave me were to have an emergency visit and hope they can fix it and faulty parts covered...or if a new cylinder is required I’d need to sign up to their cover plan, which they would replace cylinder if needed but I’d have to provide the service history.

We have had this problem before and it was fixed, same issue if memory serves right, was a few years back now, but I’m sure they said it’s a comman thing and not unusual for it to happen, but that was fixed under the installation and service warranty, which has now expired.

Rock and a hard place at the minute.

Seems to have turned into a 'consumer rights' problem. If you can be bothered to make a fight of it I think you've a reasonable chance of getting a repair under warranty, either because (a) requiring an inspection during a pandemic is unreasonable, or (b) because the fault would not have been prevented by the inspection, or (c) because the previous repair was not done correctly because it's leaking again.

Seems to have turned into a 'consumer rights' problem. If you can be bothered to make a fight of it I think you've a reasonable chance of getting a repair under warranty, either because (a) requiring an inspection during a pandemic is unreasonable, or (b) because the fault would not have been prevented by the inspection, or (c) because the previous repair was not done correctly because it's leaking again.
Thanks bud! The installation was carried out by a plumbing company when the house was built a few years back. I’ll definitely be looking at taking things further in the long run, in the mean time, I’m just hoping that it’s a repair job and actually fixable.

I’m also conscious that it could get even worse. At the minute I’m just trading in a soggy towel every couple of days 🤣🤣

Reply to Megaflow Cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock