Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Makita 4Ah batteries are here! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas

They were most definitely worth the wait, 36 minute charge time for a 4Ah batt, nothing comes close to that

Makita-4Ah-Banner.jpg

A lot of the older stock has dropped in price, worth checking if you are after a new drill.

Only 4 I am on 5.2 with metabo

Yeah but it takes 2 hours to fully charge doesn't it? i know it's sold with a 30 minute charger, which Metabo claim is for a 25% charge for the 5.2Ah batts, quite how they get away with that i don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were most definitely worth the wait, 36 minute charge time for a 4Ah batt, nothing comes close to that

View attachment 14882

A lot of the older stock has dropped in price, worth checking if you are after a new drill.

i guess all my 18 v kit is compatible with this, including charger ? Anyone know where the best place to purchase it is, my 3ah batteries will probs give up soon!

Yeah but it takes 2 hours to fully charge doesn't it? i know it's sold with a 30 minute charger, which Metabo claim is for a 25% charge for the 5.2Ah batts, quite how they get away with that i don't know.
I can usually charge the two batteries in two hours , it's just the fan cooled charger that's annoying as hell

cant see why the charge time is very important tbh unless you only have 1 or 2 batts. Its prob more important how it charges the lion cells.

as for the 4ah batts, its a shame they did not put a charge indicator on them but i guess its good they are trying to keep up.

cant see why the charge time is very important tbh unless you only have 1 or 2 batts.

It is more important than the capacity of the battery itself these days imo. These are twice as fast at charging than the nearest rival, so over the same time period, you are running effectively 8Ah, per battery. Running loads of batteries solves a problem that doesn't exist if you run Makita batteries, as you can only charge one at a time, not to mention higher costs, more weight to lug around etc

These are light years ahead of any other manufacturer at the minute

Nice ! I want some 4ah for my kit got about 6 3 ah and two 1.5 ( for Hoover) . Brushless motor and 4amps oooooooh them pipe clips and rad brackets gonna be sorry!

I'm happy with my 3.0ah really, I have 4 on the go and I'm happy enough. Dread to think of the price of the 4.0 I don't even want to know.

Toolstation have stopped selling the old 3.0 now and Screwfix still have them at that crazy £139.99 for the battery alone when and extra £10 buys you a drill plus accessary kit. Talk about a zero brainer.

Why not keep the kit and just buy new batteries?

I have way too much makita kit to replace the tool bodies also!!!

Cheaper in the long term, i will be keeping most of mine, just ebay my combi and impact (both about 3 years old), with batts and separate cases, looking at prices on there at the mo, i will easy get £100 + for both. Then £409 gets me this beauty :cool3:

makita 4ah.jpg

as for the 4ah batts, its a shame they did not put a charge indicator on them but i guess its good they are trying to keep up.

they do

Battery fuel gauge The power remaining in the battery can be indicated in 3 stages simply by pushing a button; 3 lights on: more than 50% of full battery capacity. 2 lights on: 20% to 50% of full battery capacity. 1 light on: less than 20% of full battery capacity

It is more important than the capacity of the battery itself these days imo. These are twice as fast at charging than the nearest rival, so over the same time period, you are running effectively 8Ah, per battery. Running loads of batteries solves a problem that doesn't exist if you run Makita batteries, as you can only charge one at a time, not to mention higher costs, more weight to lug around etc

These are light years ahead of any other manufacturer at the minute

light years ahead? because they charge there batteries alittle faster? they are over a year later than most other manufacturers in having a 4ah battery and theres not charge indicator and tbh if your using a battery every 20-30 mins you really need to plug into a tranny or genney.

A battery charger is only as good as the socket it connected to, no point a battery charging in 22mins when you have no socket or no power supply. If you work on a large building site or your a sparks and you have isolated the power you are better off with the extra battery over a faster charger. When your one batter fails your screwed, but with two you still have half your batterys.

light years ahead would be 8ah cells with battery indicators that play jingle bells when 25% is left :)

Yeah, it's just a battery at the end of the day... Lets not all get too excited!!

Quite like the look of this but not seen one in uk

[DLMURL]http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/X2/[/DLMURL]

And 2 x 4ah would be 8 as requested by AW but no jingle bells

Quite like the look of this but not seen one in uk

[DLMURL="http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/X2/"]LXT X2 About - Makita X2[/DLMURL]

And 2 x 4ah would be 8 as requested by AW but no jingle bells

they have been on sale in the uk for a while Roger. you can buy the 36v sds with the adaptor as a bare tool so anyone with some 18v batts can have a 36v sds drill. They are on the bulky side tho.

2x 18v 4ah batts dont make 8ah, it makes a 36v batt but with still 4ah. :)

annoying, i was set to move over to milwaukee, not so sure now.

might just go for the dhp458rme as all my makita batterys are good and i have already have the radio and impact driver[h=1][/h]

I'm happy with my 3.0ah really, I have 4 on the go and I'm happy enough. Dread to think of the price of the 4.0 I don't even want to know.

Toolstation have stopped selling the old 3.0 now and Screwfix still have them at that crazy £139.99 for the battery alone when and extra £10 buys you a drill plus accessary kit. Talk about a zero brainer.

Ach I'm like you Phil, I'll wait until the 4Ah clones are available from toolsdown, they'll be as cheap as chips & just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita 4Ah batteries are here! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock