Discuss Mains Water Pressure Advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

My house is about 28 years old so some things are starting to fail with age. I changed the main water stopcock and well as the PRV as the stopcock was leaking and the pressure valve would not budge from 4 bar (even when it was disconnected).

My main question is - what is the upper limit of acceptable pressure ? At the moment when everything is turned off the pressure is sitting at 4 bar, this drops to 3 bar when the the shower is turned on. The shower pressure upstairs could be better but could happily leave it like this also. Is it safe to crank the resting pressure up to 5 bar ? The heating system is a new boiler (2 years old) with an unvented system. There appears to be a PRV also by the "megaflo" tank.

Thank you in advance.

Tbh no you should have the prv set to the same as the unvented prv around 3-3.5 bar as it’s all balanced then

Running ideally

Reply to Mains Water Pressure Advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back