Discuss main in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

any views on the main combi he30, pros cons anyone who's fitted them and prices.
cheers.

Made cheaply and low price from the merchants. I always quote that you get what you pay for, buy a cheap boiler and get a short lifespan of the appliance! Get a Ecotec :)

Main = Baxi = Potterton. The 30he is basically a Baxi 105he Sedbuck B with the old heat exchanger,basically a contract version,build slightly deminished on close inspection but same train/parts. Fitted loads of both,bit out of date but easy to work on/spares etc- no problems! Fit a lot in landlords/student lets. Plumb centre selling 105he v.cheap at the mo so might be worth a look over the Main.

Also do the sedbuck A Eco - not fitted one yet as get good prices on Duo-Tec, apparently new heat ex slightly different to the Duo tec? It's all about warrenties though, you only tend to get a year with the main, 2/3 years with Duo tecs etc..Check out the new main system boiler and unvented, nice bit of kit and basically a complete megaflow for fair bit less than a grand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Jonathanb,all good onfo,only add the 30 comes with a seperate jig to you can link up pipework before fitting boiler,good for new sites however there is plenty of room under boiler for access to fittings,time clock is usually not with boiler and extra.
Make sure cut flue is well shamfered and greesed as inner plastic flue elbows securing brackets can break if to much force applied when pushing in
Think you get 3 or 4 months extra cover if you register boiler with pottertons insurance providers
on the 24 have had a few problems with pcb and air presure switch when the performa he(now mains) came out but that seems to be ok now,have put a few 30's in and had no problem,now I have said that ,I bet the phone will not stop today :)
In the economey range I think this is the best boiler, for rental properties especially
External controls are nice and simple and not flimsy,hot water supply very good (dare i mention it)with correct gas pipe sizing
but this boiler is pipe sizing friendly

i have fitted about six upto now and my chief says dont fix the bottom of the frame because it wont pipe up easily?. do you think the top 3 fixings are adequate enough?.
i was in nature more inclined to fix at each point provided as ithink it has not the most rigid of brackets//.

I would say three top fiings ok but think if you drill bottom fixing holes,think you can screw up after pipewok fitted

Very good for the price we fit them alot. so far with no trouble touch wood!!

its a baxi main 30he really good boilers its the same in side as the baxi 105he really good hot water output 12/13 litres per min good value for money i sell them for about £640 inc vat thay fiy out of my shop if you are looking for a price for fitting it combi to combi would bt about £1500 inc vat

Every looked at the potterton 30he? very very similar to the baxi 105he even the paper work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to main in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock