Currently reading:
MagnaClean or something else?

Discuss MagnaClean or something else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MRSWB

I have a Baxi Duotech that was installed approx. 3 years ago with new rads throughout, but not pipes.

The heating exchange has been replaced 3 times so far and on the last occasion (today) for the first time I was told I need to get a MagnaClean.

Just done a quick online search, and they seem to vary wildly in price, and there are also a few brand options.

Just wondering if there is a 'most popular' on the market?

Welcome to the forum MRSWB I like the Magnaclean and have seen the Magnabooster3 which looks good but never fitted

fernox tf1 or spyrotech magnaboost for me .i dont like the magna clean

ant

hi and :welcome: mrswb i use magnabooster2 too will start to use magnabooster 3 too :)

for ease of fitting the spirotech,
tf1 for dual cleaning options

I swear by magnacleans. But it seems to be down to personal preference. If you do go for a magna clean. Get the largest size. I think it's called a professional

I don't know this particular boiler but three heat exchangers in three years seems incredibly excessive.
Maybe there is something fundamentally wrong with the installation causing unnecessary magnetite creation.

I have a Baxi Duotech that was installed approx. 3 years ago with new rads throughout, but not pipes.

The heating exchange has been replaced 3 times so far and on the last occasion (today) for the first time I was told I need to get a MagnaClean.

Just done a quick online search, and they seem to vary wildly in price, and there are also a few brand options.

Just wondering if there is a 'most popular' on the market?
t

I have considered various options, for me it is the Magnabooster. Full brass construction, easier to fit, easy to clean (dont need to dismantle).

Fernox TF1

I have had issues with Magnaclean valves seizing and leaking.

i have had issues with Tf1's leaking lol. earlier magnas had few issues had no issues with any in last year i dont think :) tf1 and magna are most effective and doing the job though imo

I know its very much personal preference but i'd like something that removes the amount of muck as the magna-clean, with the build quality of the spirotrap and the price of the MB1, am I asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MagnaClean or something else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock