Discuss MagnaClean or something else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MRSWB

I have a Baxi Duotech that was installed approx. 3 years ago with new rads throughout, but not pipes.

The heating exchange has been replaced 3 times so far and on the last occasion (today) for the first time I was told I need to get a MagnaClean.

Just done a quick online search, and they seem to vary wildly in price, and there are also a few brand options.

Just wondering if there is a 'most popular' on the market?

Welcome to the forum MRSWB I like the Magnaclean and have seen the Magnabooster3 which looks good but never fitted

fernox tf1 or spyrotech magnaboost for me .i dont like the magna clean

ant

hi and :welcome: mrswb i use magnabooster2 too will start to use magnabooster 3 too :)

for ease of fitting the spirotech,
tf1 for dual cleaning options

I swear by magnacleans. But it seems to be down to personal preference. If you do go for a magna clean. Get the largest size. I think it's called a professional

I don't know this particular boiler but three heat exchangers in three years seems incredibly excessive.
Maybe there is something fundamentally wrong with the installation causing unnecessary magnetite creation.

I have a Baxi Duotech that was installed approx. 3 years ago with new rads throughout, but not pipes.

The heating exchange has been replaced 3 times so far and on the last occasion (today) for the first time I was told I need to get a MagnaClean.

Just done a quick online search, and they seem to vary wildly in price, and there are also a few brand options.

Just wondering if there is a 'most popular' on the market?
t

I have considered various options, for me it is the Magnabooster. Full brass construction, easier to fit, easy to clean (dont need to dismantle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MagnaClean or something else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Sweden and find it interesting that it seems to be more common to clean heating systems with cleaners. Not many people in Sweden...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock