Discuss Magic tap washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

In the past i have used a special washer which holds the tap in place very firmly. I think it was called magic .......something.

They cost about £6 and i need another 2 packss. Does anyone have any links to them. Or know what the official name is ?

Plumbase sell them,but i find split kick washers or top hats are ok

Tap hats all the way, I use the ones that do both 1/2" and 3/4" tails.

Tap hats all the way, I use the ones that do both 1/2" and 3/4" tails.

used to like the metal 1/2" ones for stainless sink tops with earth tags but have not seen these for quite a while regards turnpin
icon7.png

Never seen the point in top hats? Someone care to enlighten me?

I do have a bag of the split clickers, I think a rep gave em to me. They're in the shed some where!!

Those 1/2" basin Fix-a-taps are very good at holding a tap centre & fairly solid in the basin.

I find they enable the backnut to hold the tap in place better without swiveling over time. I hate replacing taps only to find they've been plodded in with plumbers mait!

Exactly what above said! Using top hats seems like the nuts dont 'weld' on over time and easily can be changed. Longest ive took changing set of bath taps was 2hours, it was horrible because 1 side welded on! .... Now if they used top hats :p ....

Never seen the point in top hats? Someone care to enlighten me?

I do have a bag of the split clickers, I think a rep gave em to me. They're in the shed some where!!

years ago danny, some taps were'nt threaded right up to the underside of the tap and some taps even had a square section at the top of the threads, abit like a coach bolt. if the sink was thin like a stainless steel sink, you needed a spacer [top hat]
so that you could tighten the backnut right up. tophats used to be made of metal, but like most things, where replaced with plastic. they are not normally needed now and your better not to fit them anyway, as the plastic quite often cracks through time.

If those things were 20p each I'd buy a bag. But for that price I'll just hold it in place and smear about of goo underneath.

Top hats all the way, I've never been back to a tap that has moved after fitting them. Avoid using baseball caps though, not as good as top hats.

I just horse up the tights good and tight with a socket wrench which has an extended nut that the tap tail goes into. Same wrench does sink mixers with the the use of an extension bar and has a whole host of other uses.

True! When you consider how many jobs you go to where they ask you do work on something and mention their last plumber who worked on it. Often not even because something was done wrong. Perhaps they just lost the details or forgot who it was. Custards are promiscuous scrotes.

It's why I carry a branding iron on me with my details. Yes madam would you mind bending over and picking up that screwdriver I just dropped.

It's why I carry a branding iron on me with my details. Yes madam would you mind bending over and picking up that screwdriver I just dropped.
Right on her Rse you're giving it to her....watertight was here.
You naughty boy, you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magic tap washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Sorry if it is a dumb question but .. I just fitted a 1/2inch tap washer to my basin tap and have 2 questions. 1. Is it normal for the...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock