Search the forum,

Discuss mad install, at least I thought it was. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

went to a rayburn 460 kb today, installed 2009 only serviced once since then (apart fm today). Took 3 hours to break out baffles, replaced photocell, electrodes, over heat stat on boiler that kept tripping.

Only at the end of the afternoon did I wonder why the boiler side ran was running without being turned on at range programmer on front of rayburn? Looked in cyl cupboard and hey presto another programmer operating the s plan on the system, but even with everything turned off the pump continued running, until I turned off the switched spur next to it!!!!!!!!!!!!. So 2 programmers and the pump on its own switch aaaaaaaaaaaghh, I informed the owner they might need to call back their plumber/sparky to set up a working system on one programmer. I left the rayburn workng fine on its programmer,bugger knows if it heated water or rads as designed, waiting for a call now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be that the programmer on the boiler is bust and disconnected and someone has fitted a regular programmer to save having to purchase a rip-off Rayburn programmer and not done it properly. Have seen that before.

programmer on boiler and one in cupboard installed at same time according to owner! rayburn programmer costs ÂŁ70 last time I got one so no different to Honeywell prices, and that was direct fm AGA

Could have just been due to availability.

Could the second programmer be because of a 2 zone heating system? The Rayburn programmer only operates 1 heating zone.

motorised valve manual open or stuck micro switch sendind permanent live to burner

Could have just been due to availability.

Could the second programmer be because of a 2 zone heating system? The Rayburn programmer only operates 1 heating zone.

If it's like ours, its worse than that , as has a single timer for HW and heating, And works on a y plan with HW priority... Hence I run the Rayburn programmer on constant and have a honeywell htg/hw controller to give me different times on the two...

2nd 'zone' on the built in rayburn (rebadged honeywell) prgrammer is used for the cooker side..

Its handy as I can set it so dinner is cooked ready for us when we get home!

Its handy as I can set it so dinner is cooked ready for us when we get home!

We like that too :), it's just carp at getting the best out the system on the heating side!

it was only an s plan for hw/heating so being as they were simple folk I'd have left it on the rayburn programmer and used the cyl/rm stats to control when everything warm, then if they only want hw in summer hit the button on the rayburn. Just got a call now, overheat stat popped today again! so its probably the pump on its way out as it has been running now continually for 4-5 years or if not the boiler stat on the rayburn. ****er is its a v long drive there n back!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really gotta get round to servicing our Rayburn, nearly 1 year overdue :frown2:. Trouble is I don't get paid for doing my own stuff!!

I will do it when the truck goes in for its service in March and I am stuck in for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mad install, at least I thought it was. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler. Worked fine for 20 years. Decided to change to Viessmann 050-W System boiler when WB failed but keep the same set up with cylinder. Gas Safe installer I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a Tado system with the Wireless Reciever and Two Smart Thermostats. Without getting into the weeds of Tado, I want to energize the CH system all the time. But Why? I have two thermostats which control a demand valve each which when opened kick the boiler and the...
Replies
Views
I had my indirect hot water cylinder removed a few days ago and the central heating boiler and pump is turned off at the fuse spur right next to the boiler. I have been without hot water for a few days which is fine - The plumber left the flow / return to the cylinder uncapped as well as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock