Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss LPG to natural gas conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Just got a job to convert a Vaillant (Can't remember what model but it's fairly new) from the existing LPG to natural gas.
As I haven't done of these conversions before I thought that I'd ask if there's anything I need to know before hand, apart from the model of boiler that is.
Is it just change the gas valve or do I have to get a particular kit?
btw - they have had a gas meter installed and the boiler is, at present, connected to the LPG tank but they're almost out of LPG and don't want to refill.

Check the gas pipe sizing as you can run LPG pipes further at a smaller size so chances are it will be undersized.

Thanks for that but I kinda anticipated that, and its a new meter with no pipe attached, at the other side of the property. I've worked out the gas pipe size, it's just the tech stuff on the boiler change over that I'm not too confident on.

Ask vaillant... On the old ones you could just adjust in the gas valve the co2 levels & put a different sticker on the data plate but I think the newer ones its different, possibly a new gas valve as you say!

i converted a new vaillant boiler to lpg recently. All you do is adjust gas valve. you can pay city plumbing £8 and you can get some instructions on how to do it.

Thought Vaillant had stopped anyone from converting there boilers, they have there own chaps do and charge £150 to do it, all ways used to do my own but for some reason Vaillant won't let you do it.

I called Vaillant today and they told me that it was in the manual. The guy said that I could do it myself but didn't even check my GSR credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG to natural gas conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock