Discuss LPG hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Come across a load of static caravans with dual LP change over valves, with HP orange hose connecting the change over valve to the carcass of the static ; I always thought it had to be rigid after the changeover valve, gas safe dont seem that fussed I think its ****ing ****e

what you guys think?

It does, but then again it's gas safe so they don't care

Get this a lot Just check the date on the orange hose and look for any cracking, had a hole site like this but have slowly re-piped them, Trouble with a static site a lot of things don't seem to apply

Anybody asks me I just tell that the new regs mean it has to be done in cooper. Nothing sure but if the orange hose splits in 2/3 years you get the blame and they say well you serviced it last year and the boiler or geyser not looked at in 10 years!!

Anybody asks me I just tell that the new regs mean it has to be done in cooper. Nothing sure but if the orange hose splits in 2/3 years you get the blame and they say well you serviced it last year and the boiler or geyser not looked at in 10 years!!

May get away with this if unit is private, But with site owners they know all the rules & like landlords don't like spending money, when they replace units that's when I re-pipe them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Gotta replace a regulator feeding domestic cooker in a house. The current set up is just a lpg regulator onto orange hose (jubilee clipped) onto...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock