Discuss LPG advice please for a newbie (To LPG) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Hi guys - I usually only do servicing on LPG, having only recently got the ticket, and I've been asked to install an LPG fuelled boiler.
My question is - what do I need to actually install if the boiler is fuelled from LPG cylinders on the outside of the building?
I know that they have to be on a flat even surface, and that they'll need a changeover but do I need to fit all that or does the supplier fit the lot?
What about the security of the bottles? Do I have to fit a locked cage around them as it's a holiday rental place?

Change over with opso and upso
As you say stable base with some sort of stability/ fixing for the bottles so they don't fall

Only reason I've found for the cage is incase of theft

Make sure any other appliance are OK for LPG (you would be surprised how many Nat gas cookers I've found on lpg with no conversion kits ) :D

Also don't forget to cut in a test point below reg/ change over valve

And you need to fit

Change over with opso and upso
As you say stable base with some sort of stability/ fixing for the bottles so they don't fall

Only reason I've found for the cage is incase of theft

Make sure any other appliance are OK for LPG (you would be surprised how many Nat gas cookers I've found on lpg with no conversion kits ) :D

Also don't forget to cut in a test point below reg/ change over valve

And you need to fit
Thanks for the reply.
Ive been looking on the BES website and they have all sorts of upso/opso valves so whats the rule for working out which one?

BTW - there's nothing else attached. Electric oven/hob in kitchen, and open fire in lounge.
I'll definitely be cutting in a test point as I come across far too many without and I'm always moaning about it :)

As long as it's got up and op and automatic your fine

Bes 16237 is the one I use

Make sure the regulator is up to the output of the appliance being fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG advice please for a newbie (To LPG) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys Not sure if this is the correct area to post? Firstly, i'm not doing this work myself but I need to get a question answered as it...
Replies
Views
After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
Back