Discuss low water pressure shower head in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

1. The head requires a minimum 0.5 bar pressure.
2. If you have a tank fed system, and the shower head is in the room below the cold water storage cistern your head of pressure is likely to be less than 0.1 bar. 1 bar equates roughly to 10 metres of height.
3. Probably the cheapest option is to install a shower pump. Expect to pay £400 to £800 for the pump and installation. It's not simple and depends on how pipes can be run.

I can't find a specification for the flow-rate for that head, but your current plumbing's capacity to deliver a many litres per minute (presumably at a dynamic pressure of 0.5bar) may be the limiting factor.

1. The head requires a minimum 0.5 bar pressure.
2. If you have a tank fed system, and the shower head is in the room below the cold water storage cistern your head of pressure is likely to be less than 0.1 bar. 1 bar equates roughly to 10 metres of height.
3. Probably the cheapest option is to install a shower pump. Expect to pay £400 to £800 for the pump and installation. It's not simple and depends on how pipes can be run.
Thanks for the help, Really appreciated

Reply to low water pressure shower head in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
V
Hi All, Hope all are doing great. I have replaced two separate tap of my bathtub by mixer tap with thermostat. Previous with two separate tabs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head...
Replies
Views
Back