Search the forum,

Discuss Low pressure hot and cold water in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K1984

Evening,

looking for a bit bit of advice - a few days ago I ran a bath but some little bits of dirt kept coming out so I just turned the bath off and didn't think anything of it. I ran a bath this morning but it took ages to run and the pressure on both the hot and cold water tap was quite low. Usually if I have hot water tap running then put the cold on it doubles the pressure but when I put the cold water tap on while the hot is running it's as if the cold takes over and isn't that fast.

i checked and my bathroom sink is the same. The toilet has always taken a while to fill up. Down stairs cold water is powerful but for the last year the hot water hasn't been that great but we get by.

I don't know if it is connected but we have gas engineer coming to look at boiler because the heating turns itself off or doesn't turn on.

i have a boiler downstairs in kitchen, Glow worm I think, and a hot water cylinder upstairs which has a few attachments to pipes (grundfos circulator and Drayton mid position actuator) and a tank of sorts in the loft. The pressure in the electric shower seems fine!

does anyone know what the potential problems could be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 15
I would say the boiler Service Engineer's visit is coincidental to your problem, are all the valves fully open?

Also try taking off any tap aerators and cleaning them out.

Sounds like bathroom taps, both hot and cold are fed from tank in loft and this tank's outlets have become partially blocked.

Or the ball valve in the loft tank is partially blocked or jammed .

Thanks folks. Boiler engineer came out and it appears there was a loose connection in the boiler For central heating so that appears unconnected.

We had a plumber out who has said that the best thing for a blocked pipe is to cut the pipe out which could cost a fortune by the time he finds the pipe that is blocked. He said the best was is to cut the pipe at the tank and connect it to the mains pressure and hopefully that will force the blockage out the tap, and then just keep the pipe connected to the mains because it will give us more pressure in the long run. Is that the best idea or am I as well just getting the pipes cut open to find the blockage??

Thanks

Be weary of changing over to mains feed as the cold can over power the hot, would advise if not already fitted, fitting non return valves.
If you had dirt in the water it seems like debris from the loft may have gotten in to the tank, recently attended a low flow which turned out to be some of the lagging from the tank had fallen in and was drawn down the pipe causing the blockage. Shouldn't cost the earth to investigate and cut in to a few pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low pressure hot and cold water in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock