Discuss Low/ No Gas pressure...please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

i can't thank you all enough for the info you have provided so far. Its a lil late now so i cant contact him to get any more info but will hopefully get onto it tomorrow to have him answer/ consider the points mentioned.

i'll sleep a bit better tonight knowing i've had second opinion from some great guys!!!

thanks again

we are here to help :)

honestly tho, if your engineer needs his customer to ask simple questions on the internet i would be worried about the work thats been done and everything aside consider a second engineer.

Last edited:
hi all

i can't thank you all enough for the info you have provided so far. Its a lil late now so i cant contact him to get any more info but will hopefully get onto it tomorrow to have him answer/ consider the points mentioned.

i'll sleep a bit better tonight knowing i've had second opinion from some great guys!!!

thanks again

It'd be nice to know the outcome of your issue Sara should you be willing to return to the lions den :) Were ***** cats really :) Good night :waving:

cant see why he is getting zero my first thought was he was using the wrong test point on a zero govenor but he wouldnt get 21mb standing on that

Yes it is a bit peculiar. I am not saying the problem is air although air will compress to give a pressure reading, but it will not ignite. Seemingly the pipe is connected close to the meter and runs directly to the boiler wihtout any branches off. I assume its at least 22mm without to many bends or restricitions so it should work. Unless of course its blocked. I find more information would be needed to give a closer guess. The idea of continually firing the boiler up is about all a none gas person can do without breaking the gas train to check air has been purged. It doesn't however explain why the pressure drops to zero, although a fast acting gas valve can do that. Its hard to find out there are so many ifs and buts.

hi all

thanks again

Hi did you get the problem fixed ?

64kW/hr? What sort of unit is that? Are you sure you're GSR? :p

Yes is the short answer to your question but here's the long hand answer:

U6 meter - 6m[SUP]3[/SUP]/hr of gas

Here's the maths wheeto:

Heat input = (Gas Rate x Calorific Value of gas)/3.6

or

(6 x 38.6)/3.6 = 64.33 kW/hr

A U6/E6 meter will therefore supply appliances up to the value of 64kW max guaranteed! Any more than that required for the property and you'll require a larger gas meter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low/ No Gas pressure...please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock