Discuss Low gas pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't account for 1mb drop.. 5.5mbar it dropped in total.. so 1 from meter to boiler, 3.5 from ISO at boiler to inlet on gas valve leaves another 1mbar unaccounted for

No but your pipework may not be loosing as much as you initially thought.

Still doesn't account for 1mb drop.. 5.5mbar it dropped in total.. so 1 from meter to boiler, 3.5 from ISO at boiler to inlet on gas valve leaves another 1mbar unaccounted for

Very true. Dunno wether to blast pipework with a compressor to try clear any blockages or just do a new run. Going round tomorrow to check the gas valve and ISO valve. Will see what they say.

Where are you testing the pressure at the boiler? If the gas valve Vaillant say upto 3.5 mb can be lost from boiler iso to gas valve test point. I alway fit one right under boiler so I know exactly what my pipe is loosing.

sorry but i disagree the hob wouldnt be going out due to 1 mbar, also ive never found anything near what mis say for gas valve restriction normally around 0.5-1 mbar

sorry but i disagree the hob wouldnt be going out due to 1 mbar, also ive never found anything near what mis say for gas valve restriction normally around 0.5-1 mbar

Worcesters are pretty spot on at 1.5 loss from ISO to valve, plus the 1 from meter to boiler..

To be honest I've never had 3.5 but have had 2 or so. Your right about cooker too I've had cookers lower than 15 not go out. Sounds like blockage to me and possibly more than 1.

Shaun would you reckon blasting it with a compressor is worth doing? I think the guy doesn't want pipework going around his house

Shaun would you reckon blasting it with a compressor is worth doing? I think the guy doesn't want pipework going around his house

I would install a test nipple below boiler least you know then if it's the boiler or Pipework

But if it's slow to react, when the boiler fires up the WP at the meter drops for a second and the Hob goes out

Think it's steady and not just on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low gas pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back