Search the forum,

Discuss Low flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Had a call today to look at problems with an installation. vaillant system boiler with unvented, weather comp and solar. Flow rate is right down. The customer is sure it used to be better. Checked at the kitchen sink, 12l/min. Only 15mm incoming but we've got fantastic pressure round this way and I can get over 60 l/min through my 15mm main. Water meter under the stairs complete with stop tap. Checked that was fully open, it was, and made tentative arrangements to go back and take a few things apart to see where the restriction is. I said I'd check the main stop tap was fully open on the way out. Lifted the lid of the waterfit to find another meter. Don't know how much restriction having two meters is but it can't help. Customer is contacting Southern water to get one removed and we can check again.

Had a poor flow rate at my house this year. Direct system to combi. Was only getting 9l per min. Thames Water called, not their problem, another 3 weeks or so went by, called them again, dug up path outside & changed water meter, all fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock