Search the forum,

Discuss Low flow rate and hardly any pressure :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alrighty guys!
monday i will be returning to a job to have a better look.

the guy has an absolute hard on for having an unvented cylinder but there is sod all pressure or flow rate as it is.
flow rate is so low you can't get a dynamic pressure but static is 3 bar

tuesday a pipe boring company will be boring in a new 32mm main in on advise from the board.

if the dynamic pressure is still rubbish (i hope its alright)

then i'm thinking the only option will be a break tank and booster set!

i've only seen them but have't installed them.

so please great engineers, spill your knowledge so i can get a decent understanding to arm myself :)

I was wondering that but i'm wondering how practicable it will be, i havent got that great deal of space in the downstairs but i have an entire loft to play with.

I was wondering could i have the break tank there and the booster set with the unvented.

Actually, sod it i think i'll suggest a lean to on the side for a pair of accumulators.

But still id love to know more about booster sets :)

Already have two almighty tanks up there which i was just going to make compliant and use em to feed the booster.

What's the peak demand / tank vol and refill rate like? If dynamic poor might not make tanks?

Litterally till the new main is in its all up in the air.

Ones a 70 gallon the other is slightly smaller. Maybe a 50

Its at about 4 litres a minute at the moment, they ran out of water at christmas.

Im now thinking for about it and hoping the new main sorts it, the house is pretty much on a hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low flow rate and hardly any pressure :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in the image. Boiler was installed 27 months ago. Baxi is claiming 13.3 litres @ DT 30. I set the boiler DHW temperature to a high setting. I was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock