Search the forum,

Discuss Loose spout on mono basin tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

payvpac

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I have just had my bathroom refitted and am generally pleased with the job. The only problem I have found is with the basin tap.

(here is the link to the tap: Low Pressure Dual Lever Monobloc Chrome Bathroom Basin Sink Mixer Tap (RND 317) | eBay

basically I have found that the spout wobbles and generally feels quite loose. There are no leaks.

Is this normal for this type of tap and if not is there an easy way to rectify (I cant see anywhere to tighten it).

Wanted to try and find an answer here before calling out my plumber again.....

Thanks in advance

Pete

Worked for me.

Who supplied the shower you or the plumber, if it was you then you'll need to contact supplier.

sorry - it does on mine for some reason...
Here is a picture if it helps at all:

$(KGrHqF,!hsE8T5+cqr(BPFonDLdNw~~60_3.JPG

Worked for me.

Who supplied the shower you or the plumber, if it was you then you'll need to contact supplier.

Unfortunately it was me. I have contacted them and am awaiting a reply but not holding my breath....

I take it that what looks like a collar at the base of the spout isn't and won't tighten?

actually yes it does screw on and off, but its already on at its tightest, there is a small white washer underneath. I then pulled the spout out and there are another couple of washers on the base of the spout that slots inside

I wonder if there is an 'o' ring missing from under the collar that would tighten the spout as you tightened the collar.

you may well be right, might go and see if I can get one the correct size, thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a cheap imported tap and I've fitted 3 of them and had problems with all of them. Decent quality taps are twice that price and last longer. If the tap comes with the advertised 5 year guarantee, then you need to contact the ebay supplier.

I wonder if there is an 'o' ring missing from under the collar that would tighten the spout as you tightened the collar.

Fitted an O ring today and the stability of the spout has been drastically improved. There is still a (very) slight wobble but certainly acceptable. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loose spout on mono basin tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock