Discuss Looking forward to Tuesday!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well after a long while getting ready the final day came today as an employee. And so Tuesday brings a new adventure of self-employment working for myself, am really looking forward to it although I know it will be hard work!

Thanks, 1st fix for an ensuite and stack outside. It's been in the pipeline a while but it was getting a cushion of funds together before hand

Have got plenty to get started with :smile5:

i can't even imagine working for somebody now. You'll never look back!!

A few people have said that and said you will wish you had done it sooner

You still will be working for someone, - the customer.
And most of them will be fairly good to work for, a few will be lovely people who will make your life worth living and the rest will be trouble.
Remember that a lot of customers only chance of being a boss is when they employ someone briefly - you the tradesman, and they can overdo it a bit.
At least your bosses will vary.

Depends on how much you need to make. If you've got family to feed and a mortgage to pay you will automatically ingratiate yourself a little more and go the extra inch for customers. If your personal overheads are very low you can be choosy, tell people what you will and won't do and let them go elsewhere if they want to. I truly have no boss, customer or otherwise. But if I decide to start a family and get a house at some point then I expect that will change a bit. Currently if I don't get paid for half the week I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking forward to Tuesday!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock