Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for work - Bedfordshire based in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ferny

Hi, guys. I've flicked around this website a fair amount but never actually posted. I've found it quite helpful!

I live in Luton, 32, just finished my level 2 6035 (with distinctions if they recognise exam results). In fact, I finished all the practical stuff before April but had to wait for exams to be booked. I plan on doing my level 3 next year then get my gas etc. I passed the CSCS test, but haven't paid for the card yet.

I'm currently looking for work - even if it's just tool fetching at first until I prove myself. I've done jobs with the college teachers as and when they've had private work but never worked as a plumber in name. Any leads seem to dry up and getting regular work is proving difficult. I have plenty of tool and practical experience with other things such as car repairs, general DIY, etc. Most of my experiences come from an engineering side, last project was fitting an MX5 engine and gearbox into my 1968 Triumph Herald and all the associated wiring, adapter making, spacer fabricating, welding and everything else! Took four months, wasn't easy, but very much worth the effort! So you can see I'm not worried about hard work or getting stuck in.

If anyone reading this has a place open or knows of one then please do reply. I'm happy to send over my phone number for a chat in a private message but thought it best not to post it in here just in case a bot grabs it and I start getting lots of spam calls!

Kind regards,
Pete

Well done Pete that's a great first post good luck on your searches.

Hi ferny and welcome to the forum and good luck with the job search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for work - Bedfordshire based in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock