Discuss Looking for a plumber to fix pump and hot water problem (SE16) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CalStreet

Hi- I have a powerful pump in my flat (which was put in as the water pressure was so low). The pump worked great for around 2 years, but for the past year has noisily switched itself on every 15mins or so, even if no water is being drained from the system (it makes a loud noise for around 5 seconds, like it does whenever the water's running continuously). The overflow is working so it’s not due to the water level dropping. I started switching it off at night coz it was keeping me awake.

Now the really odd thing- when I switch it off overnight, the cold taps run hot in the morning for a bit, and the toilet fills with very very hot water (like a radiator). I’m concerned the hot water’s going to damage the ballcock etc.

I am looking for a plumber to come and try to work out what's causing the pump to switch itself on and why hot water gets circuited into the cold during the night.

I am located in SE16. Can do any day- preferably the start of the day/towards the end of the day as I will need to take time off work.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a plumber to fix pump and hot water problem (SE16) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock