Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a good diagnostic boiler engineer, Southend on sea area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary59

Hello

As title says, need to find a good combi engineer. Have a perplexing fault on my heating system and would like a second opinion. Boiler is a Glow worm Beacom 30c.

Gary

Symptoms / what's wrong

Hello

Its a combi, hot water working fine, CH only getting rads luke warm at best.
I suspect the pump as I can stop it with firm pressure of screwdriver on the armature.

Not GSR by the way but electrical/ mechanical engineer, will understand if no advice forthcoming.

Regards Gary

Gary

Hello

Its a combi, hot water working fine, CH only getting rads luke warm at best.
I suspect the pump as I can stop it with firm pressure of screwdriver on the armature.

Not GSR by the way but electrical/ mechanical engineer, will understand if no advice forthcoming.

Regards Gary

Gary

sorry to say as most pumps are internal of the case of the boiler and you have taken the case off, as your not gas safe you cant do this (naughty naughty :) )

but sounds like either pump or depending on system sludge if this has only just started i would say pump but as i have said above sorry to say you cant touch it

Been a naughty engineer over 40 years, to late to change now :D

Thanks for reply have a Grundfos on order

Cheers

Been a naughty engineer over 40 years, to late to change now :D

Thanks for reply have a Grundfos on order

Cheers

have you got a MagnaClean/filter on the system ?

No , spent last Sunday removing all the rads and hosing them through whilst abusing them with my rubber mallet, got a fair bit of gunk out, Are these filters any good?

No , spent last Sunday removing all the rads and hosing them through whilst abusing them with my rubber mallet, got a fair bit of gunk out, Are these filters any good?

yes and easy dosing point for cleaner etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a good diagnostic boiler engineer, Southend on sea area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Good day, I am not a plumber/heating engineer and don't don't tackle plumbing or electrics, having done a bit of both with variable success :). But I am an avid researcher and like to understand how things work and get the best out of them. The Glowworm Combi boiler that was in my small 2 bed...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, Recently moved into a property which has an Atag IS40 System Boiler (2018) with hot water tank. We've noticed that something is continuously running. The flame symbol isn't present on the display, but the boiler is warm to touch and is making a noise. The CH Demand icon (radiator) is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock