Discuss Loft work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm yeah! I posted it in one of the 'hated jobs' thread that was so popular on here.

Shame it sucks so much as there is a fair bit of it in our game. It's not just the lofts. Its the itchy insulation. Horrible. Itching from it right now, even after my shower.

They are always to small, to dark, to hot and they make me itch

If they're not boarded they're also like something out of an Indiana Jones movie. Tip toeing about and one wrong step....disaster!!!

HA!! Oh yeah, just rememebered, I was up a loft once, the customer wanted to come up and talk it through with me. I'm up there, and I turn around and hewas standing one leg each side of a joist, on the board. To this day I have no idea how he got away with it. I just said:

"STAND ON A JOIST" and then explained how close he came to ruining his day and love life.

Lucky he was a little bloke I guess.

Last edited:
The only plus point is you won't be bothered by customers in the loft. You can scratch your rse and dither, muse and faff all you like. But in this weather they are unpleasant places to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loft work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday...
Replies
Views
C
We're having the loft converted at the front of our house, and the plumber has routed the new water and central heating pipes via the rafters in...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back