Discuss Loft conversion hot water problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

When this happened, I assume that the bathroom was in first fix stage. The shower valve (blue Grohe box) was mounted/connected but the actual valve/chrome controls where not currently connected.

I fit these. Following the install instructions, once, you’ve connected the pipework to the box, you need to install a plastic dummy test valve.

Then you turn the water on to ensure no leaks and flow from the outlets.

If you were in first fix (before tiling), it’s likely that once tested, the outlet connections were capped during tiling.

If the above is correct, I then reckon the dummy valve wasn’t removed and the inlet bungs installed in the shower box. You install these bungs (one for hot and one for cold). Once bungs are installed, you reinsert the dummy valve and close up the box. This allows the water to stay turned on until tiling complete/valve installation.

However, if after testing, the dummy removal/bung install wasn’t completed, the valve box provides a link between the hot and cold feeds.

Reply to Loft conversion hot water problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock