Search the forum,

Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Received my free 12m sample if Loctite 55 today.

Has anyone used it? Any good? Worth buying?

Thanks

Rct

Loctite 55 is great stuff. Never had a leak with it. I'll still keep my rolls of ptfe though!

I'll buy some then. It looks like teeth floss!! Just wrap it around and hey presto? Thanks all

Use it exclusively for water and gas, still have to keep ptfe for oil though.

Yeah, just a few wraps and there you go. Apparently allows a quarter of back turn without leaking but if I have to back off a fitting I will always completely undo it and start again (as you would with ptfe) as for ptfe being in the past, I don't think that's necessarily true. It will always have a place in most plumbers vans. It's 20p a roll, and we all know that PTFE stands for:

Plumbers Tape For Everything.

Yeah, just a few wraps and there you go. Apparently allows a quarter of back turn without leaking but if I have to back off a fitting I will always completely undo it and start again (as you would with ptfe) as for ptfe being in the past, I don't think that's necessarily true. It will always have a place in most plumbers vans. It's 20p a roll, and we all know that PTFE stands for:

Plumbers Tape For Everything.

Leaking o ring on an oil filter?

wrap in ptfe....

Never used it, so can someone tell me all about it and how you use it please.

its nylon 'string' with some sealant on it, use in same way as ptfe on threaded joints. It s very good.

Nice and tidy holder. Nothing worse than loads of ptfe strands in your tool bag as the roll gets crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

To repack a stop tap gland with loctite 55. Are you best having the stop tap open before you back the gland off to repack? I have always done it with the stop tap off. Thanks
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
I have a Victoria Plumbing concealed valve with 3/4" and 1/2" female inlets/outlets. I need to connect male iron 90 degree elbows (with compression fittings to the pipework). Should I use straight or parallel threads into the valve? I am thinking that I can use straight if I use Loctite 55 cord...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate) Also the flow temperature keeps going up above the set point and when it reaches +5°C above the set point, the boiler shuts down (even before the room...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock