Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really good bit of kit I never use PTFE anymore, when it does bunch up I just get the blow torch out a few quick blasts and a wipe and its as good as new.

I wrap it the amount as stated on the container and it works. Wrap it any old way and it will seal.

i try to get a even coverage as said it does look a bit messy if it bunches out a bit, float your blowtorch over it and it burns straight off.

Loctite 55 all the time for me. It does 'nt clog your tool box up like a broken reel of ptfe. I still prefer boss white and hemp on barrel as the loctite binds the thread up.

Beauty is that you can back it off a little and it generally wont leak. Very important when you need to get fittings looking aesthetically right.

Yet to try this but why do they tell you to roughen up the thread with a pair of grips first?

i dont think its exspensive the number of half rolls of ptfe i used to throw away it always amazed me how a roll of ptfe left unchecked could attach its self to every tool in the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have installed my concealed shower valve and fitted wall panels, I'm soon ready to put shower fittings through the panels and screw them into...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock