Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Morning chaps, there was a thread on the forum a few weeks about jointing compound that went due south for some reason. In that thread I asked about the correct way to use Loctite 55 as I wanted to convert from ptfe. Nothing was forthcoming.

Would some kind sole be be good enough to give me a quick heads up of the best way to use and in what sort of quantities to get a good seal on rad tails etc, etc ?

Thanks Bob

On the tub it tells you how many wraps for 1/2", 3/4" etc etc only used it on commercial but never on domestic but that said, its good, although expensive

On the tub it tells you how many wraps for 1/2", 3/4" etc etc only used it on commercial but never on domestic but that said, its good, although expensive

Yes I saw that, I have the little 50 metre dental floss type dispenser. It just seems such a little amount to use to get a seal, compared to ptfe ,guess I'm going to have to take the plunge.

i replaced my outside tap and used 55 instead of ptfe, probably about a dozen wraps round the thread and it works a treat. no leaks with mains pressure.

A bit messy compared to ptfe for rad tails I find.

I once cross threaded a rad tail on designer rad tho, no amount of ptfe would seal it! Loctite 55 cord saved my arse that day, and had earnt its place in the tool box...

if you use to much loctite thread it will bunch up and look messy and cost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock